We Want You!
For a European Debate Competition Debate Your Issue
Wanted: youngsters aged 18 - 25 who...
- Fancy a great adventure
- Speak English
- Don’t hesitate to share their opinion
- Are interested in Europe, politics, …
- Have some “time” during the autumn of 2020 and spring of 2021
- Would like to debate about several actual topics
- Would like to travel in Europe for a European debate competition
Ready. Set. Debate!
More about the project
In six European countries, youngsters aged 18 - 25 are competing in debates about several actual topics. That’s why, from september 2020 until the end of June 2021, you will represent the voice of your peers. To do this, you will:
- Take part in a European debate competitions about populism, media, migration, climate change, leadership, mobility, community building and the European Union in the world.
- Follow debate trainings
- Follow (online) trainings about actual themes
- Create the communication about the project with your peers
- Create policy recommendations
The partners in the project
- Goethe-Institut (Czech Republic)
- International Youth Debate Alumni Association (Lithuania)
- The National Library of Latvia (Latvia)
- Novo kulturno naselje (Serbia)
- Kolegium Europy Wschodniej (Poland)
- Mediawijs (Belgium)
What do we expect from you?
We mainly expect you to be very enthusiastic! Enthusiast to meet new people, to dive into new topics and to debate with peers and policy makers in different countries.
Keep on reading to see what you will have to do if you decide to take part in the competition!
- You participate in at least 70% of the activities during the autumn of 2020:
- You participate in workshops about topics that you picked out together with the entire group
- You take part in 10 debate trainings
- You debate with 6 different opinion makerspolicy makers
- You make online content and a podcast about your country with the other
- You join us to a European debate competition
- You represent the voice of the European youth
What’s the price
You can participate in this competition for free. You will receive free trainings, workshops and travel for free to another European country!
Alright, I’m in!
The questionnaire before the end of June 2020. Make sure you have written a motivation to participate, because you will need to fill it in when you’re completing the questionnaire. When you’re done, we will contact you about your participation to the competition.
Application procedure has been completed.